The Chaos is accepting submissions of narrative personal essays, ..
Published writers receive a copy of the magazine and a small royalty. Neon accepts reprints and simultaneous submissions, and we’ll try and provide feedback to anyone who supports the magazine.
Humor essays submissions. College paper Academic Writing Ser
Yeah write weekly writing challenge is a friendly (free) writing competition among writers who blog and bloggers who write. On the nonfiction grid, we accept personal essays and mostly true stories. These submissions are to be no longer than 600 words. Over at the fiction|poetry grid, we accept short fiction and poetry, also up to 600 words. And our microstories challenge accepts fiction, poetry, nonfiction – whatever you like, as long as it is exactly 42 words and is written in response to the weekly ultimate question. – See more at:
The Mystic Blue Review is a new online global literary magazine. Every writer has a distinct voice and we want to hear it. We accept submissions from writers and artists of all ages from all across the globe. High school and college (undergraduate and graduate) students are encouraged to submit. We accept poetry, fiction, flash fiction, and artwork/photography. Submissions are OPEN!!
Paying markets for personal essay writing ..
Foundlings Press seeks submissions of original, unpublished poetry for the fourth volume of Foundlings Magazine, to be released in spring 2018. Please send 3-5 poems of any style to . Accepting submissions until Dec. 5.
Air Time section takes humor essays to 700 ..
45th Parallel, a literary magazine run by Oregon State University’s MFA and MA students, seeks work by established and emerging voices in poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction, hybrid forms, and visual art with an eye toward promoting diverse voices and talents within (and without) each genre. We aim to celebrate resonant and lively voices in our growing community of writers and seek writing that pulses with life, blood, and guts — work whose rhythm we can set our hearts to. We anticipate that most of the text-based work we publish will not exceed 7,500 words, but we will consider longer work of truly exceptional quality. 45th Parallel’s submissions period runs from October – March. For more on our submissions guidelines check out our website: .
Pays $5 per page and up for personal essays
The #MeToo Trigger Warning Nonfiction Essay Contest. Now open for submissions! Theme: Sexual Violence and Domestic Abuse. As in, have you or someone you know survived sexual harassment, assault, rape or abuse? Perhaps you are married or related to a survivor and you’ve witnessed the emotional journey that is so rarely spoken of. If so how did it change you? How does it affect your daily life? You were strong enough to get through that, and your story matters. Why? Because Memoir is a movement. Our jam. Our way of cultivating global consciousness. And few issues today require more enlightenment than the way the pain of abuse can affect us as a person, a family, a society. Sexual violence is a public health, human rights and social justice issue. So, here’s your chance to use your voice to Change the Culture. You are not alone. Memoir Magazine stands with you! Together we can shatter the silence and end sexual violence. Your essay may be humorous, sad, upsetting. It can be one paragraph or several pages long. it’s all up to you, but most of all it should be your untold truth expressed in your unique voice.
The winning story receives $500 + publication in Memoir Magazine, and a note from our judge on why the story was chosen. Submit at
Humor Writing Markets | Amy Vansant - Author
Travel Story & Guide Submission Guidelines:
– 800 word minimum, but can be longer.
– Content should be well organized and broken up into sections with sub-heads.
– Guides must show a deep understanding of the content contained within. They should be written from knowledge gained from personal experience and supplemented with online research. Guides should never be written on a subject or place you are unfamiliar with or haven’t personally experienced.
– If possible, please include original photographs of places, businesses, documents, meals, etc., that are related to or mentioned in the guide.
– Stories & guides must be original content and previously unpublished.
– All submissions must be in U.S. English.
– At the end of your story or guide submission, please include the names and links for 3-5 items you find essential to travel with or like to bring along on your trips (think: headphones, travel pillow, backpack, flashlight, water purifier, sneakers, iPad, travel hammock, sandals, etc. Maybe you have a favorite pair of fuzzy socks or a lucky rabbit foot you take everywhere. Whatever it is, we want to know about it). Please include 1-3 sentences about why you love each item. Items may be specific to the destination you write about, or generic.